The Guilty Party

Friday, May 13, 2011

Garden, May 13, 2011

Not much time today. I do want to get some "real" writing done before heading off to the bill-paying job. But can't ignore the First Blackberry Harvest! So here are the latest photos from the Garden Hutcheson.


Cast iron chair imported added for additional visual interest. Lots of berries waiting for their time on the bramble.

The plants themselves are looking a bit spare, but we have peppers growing.

Wrong angle to see the first tomato this Rutgers heirloom has set so far. I will zero in on it next week. Here's hoping the reasonable (for Phoenix) weather will hold long enough for us to get some production out of the tomato plants. Next year, plant deeper and make a little greenhouse for them.

One of the grapevines. Looking good!


I wish everyone a great weekend. Plant, tend and see what you can harvest!




No comments:

A Bit About Me

My photo
I am a writer with a longtime interest in photography. I'm a dad, husband, photographer, and not very good guitarist. My first novel, Boomerang, is available in both paperback and ebook form at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Smashwords.com. As a matter of fact, my second novel, The Baer Boys, can be found at exactly the same places.