The Guilty Party

Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday, September 4, 2009

Words Since Last Update: 475

Current Word Count: 15607

Current Chapter: Chapter Eight

Yesterday was a long one. Up at five o’clock, got the kiddo to band practice a little after six, took the dogs for a walk before it got too awful hot, went to the grocery store, deposited that bounty back home, went to Costco to get stuff we needed that the grocery store doesn’t have, or charges too much for, came back home, had lunch, and then did some writing.

And then about quarter after two in the afternoon it was time to go to work. Got home from work around two this morning. Read and snacked and generally wound down for a while before hitting the hay around 3:00. And for some reason I woke up a little after 8:00 this morning and it just seemed I needed to get up. For some reason I haven’t exactly felt what you might call perky today. But I did yardwork (pulled lots of weeds, mowed the lawn, picked a whole bunch of limes), got a load of laundry done, cleaned up the kitchen, dusted the house and now, when I should be writing my book, I can’t keep from warming up the ol’ fingers with an entry here.

One of my writing friends has a much more extensive list of blogs she follows (she’s a lot more organized than I am) and one of those blogs belongs to a literary agent by the name of Rachelle Gardner. Last week I checked it out since Ms. Gardner was conducting a sort of talent search for guest bloggers. I submitted my entry then and I guess we’ll see pretty soon if I will have, at least for a short period of time, a much wider audience for my musings. When I was doing the wee hours wind-down after work, I clicked on Ms. Gardner’s blog again and this week her subject is “Reasons Not to Quit”. She was said she wanted to know what keeps writers and publishing professionals going when there are so many obstacles to success. Tough question to answer without hauling out the cliche wagon, but the thought I had to offer was that this blog helps keep me from quitting. These words I’m typing right now may only be seen by me and God, and She may be multi-tasking many times over whilst checking out my word counts, but somehow Writing about Writing Helps Me Write.

Now I’m ready. We’ll see if 16,000 falls into line today before I need to pick up the kiddo from school, make dinner and then go to the first football game of the season. With our daughter in the band, we’re going to a lot of games this year, that’s for sure.

See ya.

No comments:

A Bit About Me

My photo
I am a writer with a longtime interest in photography. I'm a dad, husband, photographer, and not very good guitarist. My first novel, Boomerang, is available in both paperback and ebook form at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Smashwords.com. As a matter of fact, my second novel, The Baer Boys, can be found at exactly the same places.