The Guilty Party

Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday, August 31, 2009

Words Since Last Update: 449

Current Word Total: 14453

Current Chapter: Seven!

Don't you just love short chapters? I know I do. Chapter Six, which was not particularly short, gave me almost as much trouble as Four. But the worst part about the first draft of Chapter Seven was just getting the first words down. That's the way it is with almost any new chapter for me. Hurray! I've finished a chapter! Oh crap! I have a whole new one waiting to be formed, what in the heck is going to happen in this one? But Seven, which is one of the short, Here's-What's-Happening- Elsewhere bits (this time we travel back to the fictional Middle Eastern country of Bodhran for a nice little explosion and a little quality time with Prime Minister Hadi ali Ahmad) came easily once I got the fingers moving and it was undeniable fun. I hope that once I get it all shipshape it will read fun too.

Well, it is after 9:00 PM and the day will start early tomorrow, so it is time for a bit of reading (I am rereading the marvelous book The Moonstone, by Wilkie Collins) and then off to snoozeland. Five o'clock will come around soon enough, eh?

See ya.

Here's the link if you want to check out what I have so far.

Close Enough for Jazz first draft

No comments:

A Bit About Me

My photo
I am a writer with a longtime interest in photography. I'm a dad, husband, photographer, and not very good guitarist. My first novel, Boomerang, is available in both paperback and ebook form at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Smashwords.com. As a matter of fact, my second novel, The Baer Boys, can be found at exactly the same places.