The Guilty Party

Monday, June 22, 2009

It's Nice to Get Away


My beloved and I just got back from a lovely couple of days in Flagstaff, AZ. At about six thousand feet higher and a couple dozen degrees cooler than our home in the Valley of the Sun, Flagstaff is a favorite getaway for lots of folks escaping the summer heat. But it is also a fun, scenic and slightly funky town that is just fun to spend some time in.

We stayed at Little America, a very nice hotel situated on 200 acres of forest land just south of Flagstaff proper. They were getting set up for a wedding and I couldn't resist the urge to sit and enjoy before the crowd descended.

Our biggest adventure was visiting the Arboretum at Flagstaff. The place is situated in the beautiful spot with a commanding view of the San Francisco peaks. The adventure part was the three miles of unpaved and apparently infrequently graded road one must travel in order to reach the place. We took it slow, but Cooper did beautifully and it was worth every jostle and bump.

So, in a break from the promotional mode we've been in for the past umpteen weeks, here we have a few photos. Of course, if you think the creative fellow behind this photography should be encouraged I can think of no better way to do so than by purchasing his book. A convenient link can be found right.........................................................down there.






Meet Malachi, the Eurasian Eagle Owl who is the star of the Birds of Prey presentation at the Arboretum at Flagstaff.




Hey, I like pretty flowers. They have lots of them at the Arboretum.



A contender for World's Most Jumbled and Crowded Antique Store can be found in Flagstaff. But even there could be found a serene image. At least I think it's serene.



Garden sprite and me. Guess which is which.


Here's that link you've been waiting for!

Boomerang on Amazon



2 comments:

Lexi said...

You're the one not pointing his toe!

Nice pictures.

For some reason, your blog isn't updating on my blog links list. It still shows Thank God for Anne Lamott. Any ideas?

plumboz said...

You got me on the toe point. It's been a long time since dance classes.

I have no idea why I'm not updating on your list. But then I'm not exactly Mr. WebSavvy!

Maybe Cyberspace just thinks I reached my peak with my ode to Ms. Lamott and it's all been downhill from there.

A Bit About Me

My photo
I am a writer with a longtime interest in photography. I'm a dad, husband, photographer, and not very good guitarist. My first novel, Boomerang, is available in both paperback and ebook form at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Smashwords.com. As a matter of fact, my second novel, The Baer Boys, can be found at exactly the same places.