The Guilty Party

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Oprah, Coupons and The Container Store



There's nothing like a snappy file folder to brighten up Tax Time!



Last November my lovely day job employer, The Container Store, was featured on an Oprah Winfrey show. Along with the nice product references came an Oprah endorsed coupon for twenty percent off just about any purchase. It was a great deal then that lots of folks took advantage of and it seems it deserved an encore.


We just found out that an encore presentation of that show is airing today and the offer is back on the table. Twenty percent off an entire purchase (not just one item) at any Container Store or through the website. Heck, you can even shop, go home, print another coupon and come back for another round at the discount. And it's all good through March 1, 2009.

It's a fun store with, I think, something for just about everybody, whether you want to safely store your precious manuscripts or finally organized that darned garage.

Here's the link to the coupon, which you absolutely have to have in order to get the deal. Oh, and although I have a brand new post for the latest coupon, you can still get to it from this old one 'cause I did the edit thing. So, if it's the March 2009 coupon you're looking for, just click right here:

Container Store Coupon


And just in case you're wondering what to do with all that wonderful cash you're saving at The Container Store, may I suggest a terrifically fun read?

Close Enough for Government Work, by, well, by me, your host here at Sketches by Plumboz.

In the interest of full disclosure, I must tell you that the latest edition of this splendid book will be out soon. I gave it a fresh polish, a little bit of a rearranging of action at the beginning and a whole new title: Boomerang. It will be coming soon from YWO/Legend Press. So you have a really nifty choice. Buy the original, or wait for the new version, OR buy both and not only make an author very happy but ensure your place in the Good Karma Hall of Fame.

Go Ye Forth and Do Likewise


P.S. I got a bit of a kick when I did a Yahoo search for "Oprah Container Store Coupon" and found my old entry come up as the Number One result. Me and Oprah, takin' over the world, eh?

Now if I could only get her a copy of my book.........................

No comments:

A Bit About Me

My photo
I am a writer with a longtime interest in photography. I'm a dad, husband, photographer, and not very good guitarist. My first novel, Boomerang, is available in both paperback and ebook form at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Smashwords.com. As a matter of fact, my second novel, The Baer Boys, can be found at exactly the same places.