The Guilty Party

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Results (so far) and Recipe




The votes are rolling in.

Well, maybe sauntering would be a better way to put it.

I suppose that other voting thing is occupying peoples' minds right about now. That must be it.

But to both of you I say "Thanks!".

Here's a recipe. I used one from a cookbook called "Canyon Cafe" put out by Sam's Cafe as the basis for this, but as usual I messed with it a bit.


Cilantro and Lime Shrimp and Rice

Get out your handy-dandy food processor. Gotta have one for this recipe.

Take a couple of handfuls of chopped cilantro, about half a cup of pine nuts (lightly toasted is good, but not essential), about a third cup of parmesan cheese (you can use more, it's okay with me, but don't go crazy), clove or two of minced garlic and whirl it up nicely in the processor till it's all chopped up. Add a healthy tablespoon of lime juice, maybe half a teaspoon of salt and about a quarter cup of olive oil (could be more, what you want is a nice pesto-like consistency.)

Set this aside to kind of get its flavor together.

Peel and clean a pound of large shrimp (24-36 lb). Put 'em in a non reactive bowl.

Mix up a quarter cup of lime juice, a quarter cup of olive oil and half a handful of that chopped cilantro. Pour it over the shrimp.

Meantime, get some nice rice going. I like jasmine rice. This recipe feeds about four, so follow the rice directions for maybe six servings, cause in my experience folks are gonna want lots of rice.

Once the rice is nicely cooked, you know, not crispy anymore, but not soggy, stir in about a cup of the nice green stuff in the food processor. Let it soak in over low heat.

Heat up a skillet to medium and saute the shrimp. Doesn't take long.

Dish up the rice, put the shrimp on top and use the remaining cilantro pesto on top of the shrimp.

A nice vegie and you are all set.

Go Ye Forth and Do Likewise.

No comments:

A Bit About Me

My photo
I am a writer with a longtime interest in photography. I'm a dad, husband, photographer, and not very good guitarist. My first novel, Boomerang, is available in both paperback and ebook form at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Smashwords.com. As a matter of fact, my second novel, The Baer Boys, can be found at exactly the same places.