The Guilty Party

Saturday, November 15, 2008




I was doing a quick read through of my MySpace comments just now making sure nothing had found its way on to my page that I wouldn't want my kids to see (it is incredible just how, well, familiar folks can get sometimes) when I came across an incredibly nice note I received back in June from a fine fellow by the name of Walter. He read my book and when he was finished he had this to say:

"Hey Alan, I finished reading "Close Enough For Government Work" and thought I'd share my opinion of your book. I was expecting an enjoyable read, but I wasn't prepared to be so thoroughly entertained. It's very original, but if I were to compare it to other writers I'd say the funny stuff by Mark Twain and John Steinbeck as well as Bill Bryson, Christopher Moore, and Douglas Adams. It's also very smart and funny, two things that I really like in a book. Please keep up the excellent work. I look forward to your next book. Cheers!"

Well, Walter, I wish I could tell you that my next book is just around the corner, but I am still plowing through the darned thing and have a ways to go. But for those of you out there who have yet to add "Gov Work" to your library, may I suggest now would be a great time to correct that little oversight. It's an idea, now isn't it?

And it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the OED!

Go Ye Forth and Do Likewise.

You know, like Walter!

No comments:

A Bit About Me

My photo
I am a writer with a longtime interest in photography. I'm a dad, husband, photographer, and not very good guitarist. My first novel, Boomerang, is available in both paperback and ebook form at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Smashwords.com. As a matter of fact, my second novel, The Baer Boys, can be found at exactly the same places.