The Guilty Party

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My first blurb!

Several weeks ago I conducted a drawing on my MySpace page. Prize? An autographed copy of Close Enough for Government Work, of course. A very nice gentleman from Maine won the drawing (Odie pulled Walter's name from a plastic bowl filled with all the eligible entries) and just today Walter was kind enough to post this message on my MySpace page.

Hey Alan, I finished reading "Close Enough For Government Work" and thought I'd share my opinion of your book. I was expecting an enjoyable read, but I wasn't prepared to be so thoroughly entertained. It's very original, but if I were to compare it to other writers I'd say the funny stuff by Mark Twain and John Steinbeck as well as Bill Bryson, Christopher Moore, and Douglas Adams. It's also very smart and funny, two things that I really like in a book. Please keep up the excellent work. I look forward to your next book.

Cheers!


Well, cheers right back at you, Walter. Glad you liked it!

I would say that the check is in the mail, but until the royalties add up to a bit more (last one: $5.04) we'll just have to say Thanks!



Go Ye Forth and Do Likewise.



No comments:

A Bit About Me

My photo
I am a writer with a longtime interest in photography. I'm a dad, husband, photographer, and not very good guitarist. My first novel, Boomerang, is available in both paperback and ebook form at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Smashwords.com. As a matter of fact, my second novel, The Baer Boys, can be found at exactly the same places.